Monday 21 April 2014

Evaluation - Question #2

How does your media product represent particular social groups?


The opening to A Dish Best Served Cold doesn't feature many characters. In fact there are only 2 that can be classed as "main characters" and one of them dies by the end of the opening. However I have still used the characters for representation. I made sure that the character that died (Jonah) was wearing an Ipswich top to show the audience where the film was set. For me I wanted to create something more interesting than just a caption on the screen explaining where the film was based.
With Jules I made the actor where 'ordinary' clothes to make him seem like any other person living in the town. The character isn't supposed to have a stereotypical look that gives him away as a murderer. He wears a casual jacket and jeans to present him just like everyone else.
Since my actor's ages were roughly around the same age I wanted the characters to be I didn't have to change anything to do with appearance in that sense. The actors also didn't need to incorporate any extra factors whilst shooting because of this.
In terms of accents the actors were once again fine as the characters they were playing are from the same town as themselves.
And again my actors are around the same age as I wrote the characters to be. So no special details were used to persuade the audience to believe the characters were of a different age.

No comments:

Post a Comment